Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

If you like bed bugs and NCL not caring you have them, this is your ship!

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

This was a first time cruise for me. The only other "large" vacation I have to compare it to was an all inclusive at Excellence Playa Mujeres outside Cancun 8 years ago. I will try to be objective and if you read the end of the post you'll know why. I will be happy to answer any questions after I post.

Food: excellent, even on the buffet. Did not eat in any premium restaurants. Flamingo grill is a waste of real estate on this ship. Talked to several people that threw up or got runs from O' Sheehans.

Boat: Mini suite is way to small for 4 people but bathroom was a pleasant surprise and much larger than expected.

Service: Cabin steward was great. Restaurants were great. Service around pools for drinks is a joke. They could easily have 3 times the wait staff.

Pools: A total joke. Intex makes blow up pools that are larger. They should have just set up a lawn sprinkler.

Bedbugs: yes, we found them in our cabin. All Norwegian would do is offer medical attention which we would have had to pay for. They would not even admit it was a bedbug. I have training in this and know they were, but I'm sure NCL trains their staff to not admit to it. They told me that I would be able to call when I got home on 5/9/16 and they would tell me if it was a bedbug or not, but after ridiculous hold times and totally unhelpful corporate and guest relations people, no one will answer me and its 5/12/16. Does anybody really believe they don't have training in this. My luggage and it's contents are wrapped in garbage bags in my garage and NCL which has it's own environmental staff, won't give me an answer. Matter of fact, someone is probably sleeping with them in my old stateroom right now.

Entertainment: Burn The Floor was awesome. Howl at the moon is great if you're drunk which I was. Don't know how'd it be sober. The bands we saw on deck and in Tropicana should be playing at the Hilton lounge not on a cruise ship with 4000 passengers.

Teen club: my 15yo liked it.

The Atrium: failed concept. What idiot shows a movie in an atrium while music is blasting from the bar in the atrium? You can barely hear yourself think there and it is where guest relations is so good luck. Maybe they don't want other passengers to be able to hear you complain about bedbugs?

Cruise Photos

Bedbugs are an automatic frown face. they made good use of space and the mini-suite bathroom is huge for a cruise ship according to my wife.
Late and late, hurry up and wait!
Atrium a failed concept. The Waterfront is great. Flamingo grill is a waste of real estate
2 categories 10-12 and 13-17. My 15yo like it. my mature for her age 12yo wouldn't go. They will not budge from this age bracketing so sisters couldn't attend the 13-17 club.
Howl at the moon good if your drinking
Burn the floor is great
Service around pools is substandard. They should have 3 times the wait staff.

Forget all concepts of getting any kind of service, respect or consideration from NCL after the sale.