Getaway on the Getaway

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 24, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Type: Suite

Overal experience was a very relaxing Vacation.

The food was good.  There is always something decent available somewhere on the ship.  Are the premium dining rooms gourmet quality, NO.  Is the food decent and edible yes. Are they worth the extra money?  Depends on how important food is to you. I enjoy them more than the basic dining areas, but still if we were at home I probably wouldn't be sending my friends to eat at any of them.

I will say that most of the chefs in Teriyaki, the Hibachi restaurant, were very entertaining. They do go a step beyond the basic schtick seen at most Hibachi Restaurants.  The waiters in Cagney's (steakhouse) were very upbeat and fun.

The service people all over the ship were pleasant and helpful when needed.

If you are a cigar smoker, the ship has a tiny closet they call the humidor where you can smoke.  It is not a very comfortable environment and it is a bit claustrophobic.

The ship does not even allow you to enjoy your high quality stogie even outside at the Sunset Bar where people are allowed to inhale their disgusting cigarettes. Hypocrites!

Pool, Waterslides and Ropes course were crowded especially on days at Sea.

Shows were great.  Personally,  I love the Haven section,  It has a private pool area, plenty of lounge chairs, and food and bar service.  Much quieter atmosphere.  It is fantastic if you just want to relax.  If you are willing to spend the extra money I highly recommend it.

Bedrooms are small, Master is tight. Second bedroom is small but adequate for the kids.
This was my second visit to Belize, Second disappointing excursion. People were great. Last time 2 hour bus ride to the the Mayan Ruins. AC broke on the Bus....NOT GOOD. This time Natural Jungle expedition...eh. Not exciting. Did I say the people were great...They were. Very nice. But overall eh.