Amazing

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director
Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 10, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Just completed our 3rd trip on the Getaway and, once again, had an amazing time. The ship is beautiful, both the complimentary & specialty dining was first class and the staff is great; no negatives to report. The one issue I had in the past was the lack of organization of the walk off disembarkation but the staff has improved that greatly since my last sailing. I'm baffled when I see some of the less than positive reviews, as I just don't understand how anyone can have a bad experience. Planning a trip on the Escape for the fall, but with Getaway's new itinerary, I may just be back on that ship for a 4th trip.

The standard balconies are on the tiny side, but nothing beats having coffee in the morning or cocktails in the late afternoon while sitting out there.

The beverage package is a must and the specialty dining is well worth the extra few bucks.

River Tubing was great
Nothing against Grand Cayman, but the tendering is a pain.