Horrible Experience

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 03, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Staff was not friendly.  We purchased the $679 beverage package and were treated with disrespect every time we ordered a drink.  We got huffs and puffs.  I am a 43 year old who drinks occasionally and was treated like an alcoholic every time I asked for another frozen drink.  We paid a 18% gratuity on the drink package which was when we purchased it so the only thing I can think of is that the staff is not getting the tips that they normally would per drink.  I really am not sure but it was a terrible experience.

Dinners were cold, it took more than 2 hours every night to eat in a dinning room.  We tried different places and all were the same.  They were not friendly and we never had exceptional service the entire 7 days.  I have cruised on 10 other cruises including carnival. Disney, and Holland America, and this by far was the worst cruise line I have ever been on.  I will NEVER cruise Norwegian ever again.

We complained about the service and all I got was "Well there are  a lot of Nationalities and cultures on the boat.  That must be what it is."  Um NO!!!!  Every cruise line is multicultural and I have always had superior service.

Very nice, our steward was very nice.

Never cruise Norwegian!! They are rude and the only nice staff we met was our sweet steward who cleaned our rooms.