Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Compares poorly to other cruises

Sail Date: March 20, 2016

I have cruised on other, less expensive lines, and wanted a new experience.  Upon arriving my balcony cabin was tiny, as was the balcony which was not waterfront, but above the shuffleboard court.  There was no privacy to just sit quietly on the balcony.  The food was poor to mediocre.  They have many premium dining venues where you pay extra to eat, but being on a fixed cruise spending allowance, I didn't want to pay extra so I availed myself to the free food.  The variety was poor and most of the free dining had limited hours.  The service was poor as well.  I'd estimate that 4 out of the 25 or so waiters/waitresses were friendly and made me feel welcomed.

The entertainment was actually top notch, however only 2 of the 4 productions were free.  They had a dance company do a show called "Burn the floor" and the production was high quality and entertaining.  They also had "Legally Blonde" the musical, which was very good.  I can't comment on the other shows as I did not have the money to pay for the other shows.  They also had a dueling piano show 4 nights which was great!  However, they mostly played the requesrs that had a 5, 10 or 20 dollar bill attached.

I feel like when you pay $1000 per person you should have access to everything on the ship.  Noweigan makes nickle and diming its customers a business practice that didn't sit well with me, and I'm not cheap.  So, aside from the entertainment I find Norwegian to be lacking in quality and service.

Bring a lot of extra money.