Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Could've had just as much or more fun for less money with carnival

Sail Date: March 06, 2016

I was excited about the unlimited beverage and special dining promotions as well as a balcony stateroom. While the stateroom was nice I couldn't help comparing this cruise and ship (one of NCL's newest and largest) to the carnival shop we went on a few years ago which happened to be aboard their oldest and smallest ship. We paid way less money and although we had a inside stateroom we never felt like we were missing out. We found ourselves bored more often then not and the pools were always overcrowded and were tiny and lacking for the size of the ship. We paid far more for this cruise than our last and felt like they were trying to nickel and dime us everytime we turned around. We had to miss a port due to windy weather and there was absolutely no back up plan which I find ridiculous because I know this kind of thing happens all the time. There were no additional activities to make up for it and they didn't go to another port which does happen when things like this are thought out better. We got a mere $18 refund and EXTREMELY dull day. The entertainment was just ok, we enjoyed the comedy and howl at the moon the most. Even though we had the promo packages there was still SO much that was extra. The food was just ok, a few dishes were great but our server mixed up something on our order almost every night and one even made us feel guilty for not finishing our meal. My husband is a vegetarian and the meal options were few and far between for him. There were so many restaurants to choose from but so few menu options per place but I remember on carnival there weren't many restaurants yet so many many more options on the menus. Really wishing I could go back and choose a different cruise line, for all that was promoted and expected I was severely disappointed. Also, our room was called numerous times VERY early in the morning, waking us up to ask if we were the medical dept. come to find out it was GUEST SERVICES calling the wrong number over and over again! I feel sick for wasting so much money and will NOT make this mistake again. We get so very few vacation opportunities and this one was such a let down.

Don't waste your money, they'll just nickel and dime even more out of you before its all over with.