Seeking sunshine

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 14, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

I love the restaurants on the Getaway. The food and service are extremely good. The Park West Art Gallery is the best one I have encountered on a ship. The public areas are too scarce on this ship. Most of the public areas have been taken up with restaurants including dining on the decks. I didn't find a single place to sit outside other than the sun lounging area. The 2 pools are very small and overly crowded. If you're looking for a relaxing cruise, I advise choosing another ship. If you are looking for a family vacation with lots to do for children, this is your ship. I do like the library onboard. It's enclosed and fairly spacious; however, it's next to the main Atrium area and can be noisy depending on what's going on at the big screen next to it.

This cabin has one of the larger balconies but is still on the smaller side. The cabin isn't as noisy as the other balcony cabin I've had on this ship. I think this is because the bed is next to the balcony instead at the front of the cabin. I could easily hear voices on cabins in both sides as well as the telephone ringing and the toilet flushing.

I would always buy the 7 night restaurant package for $139. The restaurants are super. My favorite (both for seafood and steak) is Cagney's.
Unless you like crowds, avoid the pool area.