Good Accommodations

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 31, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

The Norwegian Getaway is a large, new ship that was in great shape.  It was kept very clean by the staff and maintenance people.  Our stateroom was very nice, we chose to take an an oceanview room, without a balcony, as I wasn't able to get a guaranteed room mid ship or aft and I have a little problem forward.   Our location on deck 5 aft was great for walking up the stairs to the restaurants on Deck 6 and 7.  Even though the ship held 4000 people, but it was only booked with 3300 guests or so, there weren't any lines or crowding when leaving the ship for excursions and going to dinner or the buffet for breakfast and lunch.  Everyone was pleasant and accommodating.  The food was good, not as good as some other cruise lines that I have been on.  I did not try any of the specialty restaurants so I can't comment on them.  Entertainment was ok, I have been on ships with better.  Overall, the ship was well run and we had a good cruise.  This was a freestyle cruise so you can wear casual clothes to dinner, but I wish the dress code was a little better.  Some people wore T-shirts to dinner that were kind of messy looking.  A simple collared shirt would have been better.

Decent space and very clean. Lots of storage space for our clothes. Plenty of hangers.