Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A good time!!

Sail Date: October 03, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a wonderful time on the Getaway! The ship is huge and there is lots to do. We booked an aft balcony on deck 9, wow the balcony was massive. The room was adequate but the carpet was so worn and dirty, we were surprised to see this on a ship thats only 1 1/2 years old.

The food was very good! Better than we had on our last 2 carnival cruises last year. We ate at Teppenyaki as well, it was fun but the food was ok.

I don't ever write reviews so sorry I am leaving out a lot of details.

We loved the entertainment. Burn the floor and the illusionarium are not to be missed. We did not see Legally Blonde. We also saw Howl at the moon (good fun) and comedy. Comedy was good but there were a lot of repeated jokes so we didn't go to all of them.

Glow party was one of my favorite things, so much fun, even at 43 :) There were much older people than I jumping and dancing to the hip hop etc songs.

As others have said, the pool deck is horribly designed, but it was worse seeing it in person. We did do the waterslides and ropes course, super fun.

The spa was wonderful as well, we had got the spa pass ahead of time.

We are very open minded people and did not go looking for bad things. A few things we noted that we were disappointed in (did not ruin our cruise) Not one time, in any venue, did we get drink service unless we went up to the bar. On every cruise I have been on, which is 8, servers would come around, in most venues, and ask if you needed a drink. The bars were all very small (except O'Sheehans) so we had to wait many times for drinks.  OH and only one bar tender we met actually looked happy and smiled, this is was very ODD. We noted they would be really nice to a few people and not others. We were always nice to them but it was not returned, never had this happen on a ship before either.

Like I said, we don't look for bad things but as the cruise went on, even my husband couldn't believe it and he doesn't comment about much.

Perhaps its because of all the UBP that people had, they cut back on service? Is it different on the small ncl ships?

Also, almost everyone we talked to, new (this was our 1st ncl) and experienced ncl cruisers couldn't stop talking and complaining about having to make reservations for everything. I knew this ahead of time so I wasn't to bothered but in all honesty, there are just to many people on this ship with not enough venue space.  It was hard to get around a lot of times unless we were in port and people were off of the ship.

Anyways, we had a great time despite those few things!! We loved all the choices for eating and entertainment. Will we sail on the Getaway again?, probably not. We have decided to go back to a slightly smaller ship.

Thank You for reading!!

Good overall, closet hard to get into though, the couch is to close.
Most bars to small, everything good