Norwegian Getaway Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 25, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

The ship was amazing. We don't have kids but this ship has a lot of active adult things to do along with a lot of things for the kids. The Water Slids were some of the best I've been on. The obstacle course was really cool and walking the plank was no joke. I wasn't impressed with Norwegian's food the last cruise I went on about 5 years ago but this time I was really impressed. Love the food. The staff was really helpful and very nice. The excursion's were packed with people but well done and fair price. My experience with Bookit was really awesome. I wasn't expecting that kind of customer service Marsha Hughes called me back a couple of times to see if everything was fine and if I had any questions. It's nice to see that kind of service now a days. The only complaint was I thought the games around the pool got a little to ronchy. I saw some parents leave with their kids. But other then that I highly recommend this cruise and definitely will use Bookit again.

Price was great but this room you could not see straight down because of a awning below. And my neighbor was at a angle so he could see us on our balcony but not into our cabin. The view straight out was good. But I got the cheapest Balcony so I got what I paid for.

Upgraded dinner package is worth it. Spinning class was great. Excursions were nice and good price but crowded. Get out early if you want a good chair by the pool.

Go to St. John it's worth it. The beaches are amazing and not as crowded.
Must go to The Baths at Virgin Gorda it was amazing. Beach is great and snorkeling is some of the best I've seen right off the beach.
Do a excursion for sure the shopping is a tourist trap.