Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Getaway just don't book through

Sail Date: June 06, 2015

Booking through was the worst experience ever which is unfortunate because the cruise itself was great.
The cruise ship was beautiful, food was tasty, entertainment fantastic, balcony and oceanview staterooms comfortable and there was always something to do. Julio at the flamingo and mojito bar is a 5 star bartender! He remembered our names and favorite drinks and made recommendations on new drinks to try and escorted us to the best place to watch fireworks. (Right outside the mojito bar) Made us feel VIP the entire cruise. Didn't have a great experience with the other bartenders by the pool even though we tipped extra after every drink and some of the waitstaff seemed unfriendly as if they didn't want to be there. Overall cruise was amazing and will be cruising with norwegian again just not booking through or .
I was on the phone for hours trying to add my father to the booking. They lied about having stateroom availability that could fit 2 adults and a 3 year old so I booked an extra single room for my dad (which he wasn't even going to use) to get him a spot on the ship.  Only after calling norwegian directly and being told there were in fact several 3 person rooms available, a lengthy call back to said oh yes we can do that but u will be charged a cancellation fee for the 3rd room even though booked several minutes ago. They ended up waiving the cancellation fee but couldnt confirm my final price for our family of 5. I found out by looking at my card statement. Was reimbursed 9.50 for cancelling an entire room. Ended up paying 1200 for a 3 year old and was told she could eat in the specialty restaurants on regular menu since I paid full price for her which I found out at the end of our trip was not true. We paid more than if we booked through norwegian directly and didn't receive all the extras that norwegian was offering. The hours spent on the phone were an unnecessary stress and not a nice way to start a vacation.
Julio from mojito bar and flamingo. 5 star bartender. Genuinely friendly, VIP treatment. Thanks for making the cruise great. Had to wait forever for unfriendly service at pool bars even though we tipped extra each time. Go to flamingo mojito or the bar at the front of ship.
Miami, Florida
Ritz-Carlton South Beach was great to top off the end of a great vacation
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Took ferry to st john, cut it close but beautiful beaches and not as crowded.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands