Good first experience

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 14, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Type: Suite

We had a great time, this was our first cruise and we were pleased. The waiters and staff were all very nice. We have two things we would have changed if we could; the Getaway only has one adult pool which is really not enough when you have over 4,000 people on the ship. The other is that I have Celiac disease and choose to be vegan and I thought it would be more food allergy / vegan friendly. I felt I had limited choices and only ate at the buffet, I pretty much lived on salads the entire week. I thought things would be marked gluten free especially since I went to great lengths letting everyone know of my food restrictions ahead of time. All of the restaurants were centered around meat and had no gluten free options. They also said I had to order a day in advance and that was hard not knowing ahead of time where we were going to want to eat. I am used to bringing and packing my own food anytime I go on vacation and I was unable to do that on this trip so it made it hard to eat much. Anyway, it was a great experience and we would definitely do it again.