Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good Cruise- Bad Weather

Sail Date: November 01, 2014

Cabin: none

My first experience cruising left a little to be desired.  First let me start by saying that the ship itself is immense and extraordinarily clean.  The cleaning staff worked quite hard the whole time and did a great job!

Unfortunately, our weather while at sea was bad.  It was cloudy and when it wasn't just cloudy it rained.. hard. so the pool and outside activities were not available. I am in my 30's and other than spending my time at the casino or watching a show or guest participated activities, there wasn't much to do.

Food:  Everything was incredible.  Fresh, cooked just right, nicely presented and overall just delicious.

Wait Staff:  Most were very nice, especially at the Tropicana, but the other restaurants, I wasn't impressed.

Savor and Taste:  too dimly lit with no excitement whatsoever.

Tropicana:  More lively and the entertainment was great, when they had it.

Cabin:  I had an inside cabin, which wasn't terrible since I didn't spend much time there.  But space was limited considering two women were traveling together in the same room and had a lot of stuff.

Entertainment:  "Jersey Boy" and his crew were awesome!  Always keeping the people entertained with their energy and humor.

Pool:  For a brand new ship that holds approx. 4,000 people, you would think they would have, if not a larger pool, but certainly more than one, especially since there were numerous decks for "lounging".

Activities: during the days at sea I must admit I was a bit bored. Thought the comedy show, burn the floor and legally blonde were a nice distraction for a bout an hour each night, I found that between the hours of 830ish-11, unless you were eating or at the casino, there was nothing to do. The club/lounge, though open, did not have many visitors (except for the "White/Glow Party) it was pretty weak, which was surprising considering there were young people on the ship.

Casino:  Wait staff was not the friendliest bunch.. which was OK since the dealers at the tables were awesome and funny and friendly.  Ended up spending the remainder of my nights there, where I met some really great people..

When people have asked me if I would "cruise" again, my answer was as follows:  "Not in November and not any time soon". For this being my first cruise, I was a little deflated and since I wasn't sure what to expect, I cant say that I loved it.  Overall, I did have a very nice time and the islands we stopped at (St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Bahamas) were great!

Great Food- Dining experiences - OK
Staff at Tropicana- Casino Dealers at Blackjack- Wendy- Leonard- Wait Staff- OK
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We went to Orient Beach. I really loved it and had a great time and great weather.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Rained most of the time and the other time was cloudy. Wasnt impressed. Went to Megan's Bay- a man made beach. Would have preffered a real beach. Views were incredible..
Went to visit Atlantis and spent the day at their beach. Had a great time.

Taste and Savor were boring. I know you go there to eat.. but the ambiance was slow and by the time I left I wanted to go to bed. Burn the Floor was terrific. Very talented dancers. Tropicana was more lively with nicer wait staff. Food was terrific. Entertainment was awesome.

1 Comment