Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Birthday Getaway

Sail Date: November 01, 2014

Room Type: Suite

My husband surprised me with this cruise for my birthday (Nov. 1-8, 2014).  We had a wonderful time.  The ship is brand new in 2014, pristine, well planned out and so enjoyable.  We loved Le Bistro, the French restaurant, food, service and ambiance were fantastic. Morning and afternoon buffet left nothing to be desired, food was so delicious.  Cagney's Steakhouse should not be missed, I had the Filet Mignon and it melted in my mouth. Teppanyaki was not to our taste, it was a fun atmosphere but we did not care for the food, too much garlic (and I love garlic), too salty, too.  The main dining room, Tropicana, was very noisy with normal chatter and dishes but also had a floor show going on. We avoided this dining room since there were two other restaurant-style dining options, Taste and Savor, which were so relaxing and upscale.  One of our favorite places was O'Sheehan's Irish Pub, open 24 hours, which had great breakfast, lunch and dinner along with bar food menus and specialty nights, like prime rib dinners (complimentary), don't miss it. Great place to catch a Sunday football game on the many TV screens.  We loved the quiet Spice H2O adult deck, with the huge screen showing aerial views of Greece, Germany, Italy and New York City, two hot tubs, a terrific bar and lots of space to stretch out and enjoy the ocean or destination views. It was never crowded.  I had a massage and facial in the Mandara Spa and that was spectacular (I often have massages locally, but this was exceptional).  The boarding process was excellent and we were on-board and dining at the Taste restaurant by 1:00 p.m.  Leaving the ship was equally simple and speedy, although we had to wait about 20 minutes for our shuttle to the airport but we had plenty of time.  We will definitely book NCL in the future, the Getaway was wonderful.

Happy Cruisers - Jan and Dan

Brand new ship and it felt "pristine"
Taste, Savor, Le Bistro, Cagneys and O'Sheehan's were our favorites. The buffet was also great!
Space was wisely thought out, there was room to stow all our belongings and the small balcony was big enough.
They all "bent over backwards" to please.
We are seniors and our tastes lean to conventional entertainment, we loved Headliners with Howling at the Moon, Dueling pianos and the comedians. The Grammy experience was also enjoyable.