A cruise of great pleasure.

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 11, 2014

I really enjoyed the ship itself--lovely and comfortable.  There was a great number of things to do.  This particular cruise had a fairly large number of children and they were very well entertained I thought--and as I have grandchildren I would love to be able to cruise with them on this ship.  I also thought this particular ship had the best food of any of the Norwegian ships with which I have sailed.

What struck me the most was the crew of the Getaway.  It felt as though the crew was better trained than most, they were courteous and kind and very helpful. The young man who helped with customer service from OUR side of the desk really facilitated any request and answered questions quickly so that the lines moved very efficiently.

There were many choices for dining

I enjoy lectures on a cruise, but do not gamble, and usually provide my on diversions--LOVE the art auctions

I rarely attend ship formal entertainment

I had no children with me, but I saw many things for all ages and would therefore consider bringing my grands with me another time

Staff was helpful always and very accommodating

Cabins were very comfortable and efficient

the layout of the room and storage was great

The specialty restaurants are excellent, but the food in the "regular" restaurants are also of very high quality.

I know this city very well and there are lots of things to do.
We did not get to dock here--but I do love St. Maarten
Also did not get to dock here--love St. Thomas
Also did not get to dock here--have always liked it, but have not been to Nassau for many years