Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Norwegian Getaway is an amazing ship!

Sail Date: September 20, 2014

LoveWe will only cruise with Norwegian. They have earned customers for life with their exceptional customer service. We mentioned to a supervisor that we were celebrating our anniversary & when we returned to our cabin we found a huge sign taped to the wall saying 'happy anniversary from your housekeeping staff', balloons, a towel animal of 2 swans kissing which formed a heart in the center & a small cake! It made us feel so special! NCL staff determined to keep you happy! The Getaway is an amazing ship! So many top of the line shows! Legally Blonde  is not to be missed! Annika Odergard at the piano is not to be missed. 'Burn the Floor' dance show is not to be missed.  The only

negative about this ship is it needs more lounge chairs in the shade. St. Maarten was beautiful and the locals were friendly & helpful although they do heavily sell their goods to you on the beach. Even so, I recommend Orient Bay beach. Beautiful! Soft, white sand & turquoise water! Taxis waiting to take you for $7 per person, easy!  I would skip Nassau. Locals are aggressive, tourist crime rate is up & beaches are dirty. Stay on the ship which has everything you need! Great trip!

Huge! It has everything you need! The shows and entertainment are the top of the line! The only negative is they need more lounge chairs in the shade.
The food was amazing! The complimentary restaurants are the best I've seen: 'Taste', 'Savor' & 'Tropicana Room'. But our favorites were La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse & especially Le Bistro. We thouroughly enjoyed every dinner! The Garden Buffet does an amazing breakfast. I miss the omelet man!
Amazing people working so hard to make my vacation great! They go above & beyond to keep you happy! Our house keeping steward taped a happy anniversary sign to our wall & left us cake & the next morning shouted a cheery 'happy anniversary!' . It made us feel like he was only looking after us alone!
Top of the line! I saw a broadway show on a moving ship!!!
Children's Programs Didn't experience
Onboard Activities Didn't experience
Mixed bag: we loved St Maarten & St Thomas but hated Nassau. The locals are so aggressive we felt unsafe & it was difficult & unfun walking down the street with all the harassment
Lots of storage space & I will always get the balcony room!
Miami, Florida
Didn't spend much time here
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Beautiful! Orient Bay Beach is a must see! Locals are friendly & make it easy to get a cab for $7 per person . You do have to put up with solicitation on the beach though they are friendly & respectful.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The island is beautiful. I wish we had more time there to really see it
I wish we hadn't gotten off the ship that day & I won't go back! Island was dirty, tourist crime rate is up, and locals are so aggressive we didn't feel safe walking down the street. Not enjoyable!

If you have a balcony room getting breakfast room service & eating it on the balcony is a treat and a nice break from the chaos of the buffet. We did this twice: once just looking out at the endless ocean & once watching us pull into port at Nassau. What a nice relaxing way to start the day!