First time cruising- and this ship exceeded all of my expecatations!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 05, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Number: GTY

Talk about great customer service ;-) The staff is so nice and polite everywhere you go- you can tell they really love what they do. My room steward was really helpful and did a good job cleaning our room twice a day. My biggest concern (as a 1st time cruiser and a foodie) was obviously the FOOD on board. I was really surprised that the food was delicious all of the time (that is all 3 courses + plus late night snacks). I liked the different restaurants on board too ( too bad I didnt have enough time to go to all of them though- make sure you get your reservations early on...)  I tried booking at the Japense restaurant (similar to benihanas) and they were all booked up =-( My fave restaurants were: Garden Cafe, O'Sheehans (for a late night snack), and Le Bistro (french food for dinner).Despite being a buffett the garden cafe had good food and plenty of it, ALL of the time. The seating was not hard to find so that is what I liked as well. I did try the French restaurant to switch it up a bit for dinner one night (couldnt get a reservation to seat inside they were all booked up, so we ended up eating outside- we still received the same service, I tried the duck it was delicious!)...  Good variety, good quality food on board- I was happy!  Yummy Will definetly cruise again with Norwegian- thinking of Hawaii summer 2016!

N/A

Plenty of storage a BIG ++
long line to get on board- but wasnt bad at all
Dont be afraid to rent a car and explore - the roads and locals love tourists!
If you plan on going to paradise island - there is a FREE beach walking through Atlantis- why pay when it's THE SAME BEACH! Glad didnt get the excursion and saved some $$$