Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

12th Norwegian Cruise

Sail Date: May 10, 2014

I have to say this is my 4th cruise on NCL's newest ships, EPIC, BREAKAWAY, GETAWAY, because Iam now traveling solo and these ships have studio facilities, which aren't the best in the west, but are more reasonable for the solo traveler.  I have been a great fan of Norwegian since my first sailing with them in 1997 but will have to admit that with the mega ships, they are lacking in the true cruising experience.  Staff and crew are not as accommodating as on the smaller ships.  They are spread much too thin.  Meal time has become mundane with little variety.  Small children should not be allowed in the Main Dining areas after certain times.  I had several meals absolutely ruined with small children running wild and misbehaving.  I have traveled with grandchildren on cruises and enjoyed every aspect of seeing the cruise thru their eyes, but they knew how to behave, and if they didn't, they were removed from the venue.

I have traveled on small ships to mega ships and really prefer the smaller ships, but they are not available any more except on river cruises.

I guess times are achanging and I will have t change with them or find another way to vacation.

if you have a studio room, take extra hangars, they never have enough.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Do not use Shore Excursions, Inc. The overview of the island was the pits

Even though it is a large ship, it is easy to find your way around. Eating is aft and entertainment is forward