Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Very good cruise for Singles. I recommend this cruise.

Sail Date: April 26, 2014

Room Type: Suite

This was my 16th cruise. I first started cruising with Norweigan in 1997. I stopped because the cabins were so small. I must admit that the service was excellent, the food was good and there was always something to do. I love cruising solo even though I chose a mini-suite instead of staying in the studio's that they have assigned for solo traverls. I was able to visit the studio's and they were very nice indeed. They have their own private lounge which is beautiful. The only down- side part was that they were very small and had no windows. I loved the mytime dining and the various retaurants that you could dine at. I do feel there were too many restaurants that they charged for. The sea days was wonderful. I got to meet a lot ofwonderful people. The beauty of cruising solo is you can do what you want, when you want to, and when you feel the need to be with others there is always someone willing to chat with you. I would defintely do this cruise again and do it

alone again.

Cruise Photos

The ship was beautiful and very clean.
I never got a chance to eat in the dining rooms but the buffets was great O'Sheehan's Bar Grill was excellent. I spent a lot of time there.
The staterooms were ok. They were nice and clean but, still on the small size. I had a mini-suite and found nothing worthy of calling it a suite at all.
Everyone was nice, polite and very friendly. No matter who I ran into they were always polite and very pleasant.
The shows was awesome. I highly recommend Legally blond and Burn the Floor. they provided some of the best entertainment thata I have seen on any cruise line.
Even though I was alone I saw quite a few activities for the children. I even satyed and watched the Dora review it was very good.
Onboard Activities There was always so much too do. There was something for everyone. from bingo to Rock climbing.
Destinations and Excursions It was only e destinations and I didn't mind. I took this cruise to relax and i enjoy the sea days. I found all of my excursions to be great. I booked them before ii boarded the ship and even though I had been to these isslands several times. I still had a great time.
Miami, Florida
only had a chance to see it leaving the airport and leaving the city to cruise. I loved what I was able to see,
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Beautiful island a must visit.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Nice island to tour. Must go to the Mountain Top.
Loved the Blue Lagoon Island will defi tely go there again. Nice, peacweful, clean and the staff was so friendly.

This ship is only 2 months old. It was lovely, clean and had a very good stabilizer system. You hardly knew you were on a ship. I actually purchased a coupon to travel again on this cruise line within the next 4 years. I'm going to travel again this year. I really loved everything about this ship.