Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

The Getaway

Sail Date: April 05, 2014

I was looking forward to trying out a new cruiseline, Ive been cruising for years.  We stepped onto the ship and thought it was very nice, the decor was beautiful and it seemed to be exactly what we had expected. Upon arriving at our room we were greeted by a very sweet young girl who was to be our steward.  She was terrific and I must say all the service on board was great. This is where I wasnt impressed. We walked into our room and it was very small with almost no closet space at all, we did manage, however when we walked outside on our balcony if you want to call it that, that is where my dissappoinment went to a new level.  You couldn't fit two people out there. The balony is my favorite place to have a cup of coffee in the morning, and relax in the late afternoon. I was unable to do that so  this put a damper on my trip from the begining. Having one pool on the ship and trying to get a chair was a task but we did get through it. The entertainment was good and the casino fun. The food in the restaurants was very good as was the buffet, so the ship redeemed itself with the food , the service and entertainment.  The rooms have much to be desired.  If the room is of no interest to you, then this is the ship for you.

too small