This was an awesome adventure

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Norwegian Gem

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail Date: July 21, 2018

Ship: Norwegian Gem

Review Summary

Loved it. Can't wait to do it again. The food was good and of course the drink package came in handy. We met some really fun people and crew members. The casino bar is where people seemed to gather and have a lot of fun sharing their experiences. I was told to try a drink called Pain Killer on our third night and had one every day since. The Miami Vice was another favorite drink. Like I said before we can't wait to do it again.

Embarkation

It would've been a little faster moving if people paid attention.

Ship Experiences

Topsiders Bar and Grill

Another good place to eat.

La Cucina Italian Restaurant

The food was good and delicious but I did have better.

Great Outdoors Bar

This is what I loved the most sitting out enjoying breakfast every morning taking in the breeze and sun with a perfect view of the ocean. Couldn't ask for a better way to start the day.

Grand Pacific Main Dining Room

The food was good and the staff were very gracious

Garden Cafe

They had really good food especially on Caribbean night.

Casino Bar

My favorite drinks were made here

Bali Hai Bar And Grill

Awesome loved it

The Collection Art Gallery

The paintings were beautiful.

Casino

Loved meeting new people

Bliss Ultra Lounge

It was really fun

It was okay. My husband can be an intimidating man sometimes but that's what happens when your room steward just walks in the room before we had a chance to turn the little wheel on room number and his wife(me) is laying there naked about to take a nap. Needless to say, it didn't go over to great with him. He was pissed but it didn't ruin our vacation 🤗🤗

Have fun and enjoy your vacation. It is well worth it.

Ports Of Call

New York, New York

It was okay. We only embarked here but it was too bad.

Port Canaveral, Florida

Not much time to enjoy universal, but we did see a movie in their IMAX theater.

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas

This is a beautiful beach. Granted it was very hot the food and drinks were very good and the vibe of the whole day was love.

For me this was the highlight of the trip. People say time after time that the port was nasty and dirty and the people were pushy, well a simple no thank you goes a long way. They rely on the cruise ships so they can make their living. Nothing in Nassau is grown naturally and everything is imported that's why the water is so clean and clear and the air is fresh. So when foreigners come to the island and litter and destroy their economy yes it becomes dirty. Sounds to me like the great USA😐. We took a private tour of the country and got to see how they live. To me it's no different from this country here. We were told about the history of the country and found it to be very informative. They called us family and treated us as such. We went to the flea market and visited the caves. Got the history of that but we were not going in lol. We then headed to the fish fry where we ate at Twin Brothers enjoyed some conch fritters which were very delicious and had these really hugh fish burgers which we could not finish eating, they were sooo good. This was the best port of the trip and we can't wait to do it again.

Disembarkation