Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Poor service & poor programs

Sail Date: July 09, 2016

Finally I have got time to write my comments.

I took HAL (Holland America) to Alaska depart and arrive at Vancouver back in 2013. Services, food and show planning were great and I will give 9.0 out of 10. However, I took the Norwegian to Bahamas from NYK was not as good as HAL.

Services – 7 out of 10. We dine at Magenta 2 nights and served by two different waitresses and helpers who were not friendly. Even I said thank you to them and they don’t say anything back in return. Surprised!  I found out the services at Grand Pacific was super – same services as Holland America.

Kids club – my son refused to go back to kids club after the first day, so I have to look after him for the entire trip. He said all programs were boring to be there.

Shows were short and so-so quality. Other than bingo, casino and drinking at the bar you have not much exciting things to do on the ship during the sea day. I went to track mill a lot for killing time. It’s not good for family vacation.

Overall the staffs on the boat were not as friendly as Canadian, HAL to Alaska

My father’s in law’s luggage (a brand new Samsonite hard case) was dented when we picked it up on shore back in NYK. I have taken picture just in case you would like to see.

Last, we were paying more (6 of us) and getting less service. Complained to the front desk and manager on board (the 2nd day of the ship) but nothing had changed the situation. Thinking to go to Hawaii on cruise with my family next year; Norwegian is not on my list. Your loss!

Cruise Photos

The Cabin was better HAL's

Finally I have got time to write my comments.
I took HAL (Holland America) to Alaska depart and arrive at Vancouver back in 2013. Services, food and show planning were great and I will give 9.0 out of 10. However, I took the Norwegian to Bahamas from NYK was not as good as HAL.