Great cruise

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Third Mate

6 Night Canada & New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 29, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Gem

My husband, daughter and I traveled to Canada and Maine from NYC on the Norweigen Gem.  The cruise was awesome.  We have been on 17 cruises with other cruise lines but never thru Norweigen until now.  The food was spectacular.  We enjoyed the buffet as well as the anytime dining.  The shows were first rate.  I loved the variety of music and dancing by the performers.  The special guest performers were extremely good too.

If I had one complaint it would be all of the fee required restuarants on board.  I feel like cruising is pushing these types of restuarants on board and when families cruise the think everything is inclusive.  My family won't be paying between $25 and $30 per person to eat when other food is offered and included in the price.

Need a larger area to host trivia games. The Atrium was nice but crowded especially when the photographers were set up.