Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Never Going with NCL again!!

Sail Date: April 01, 2016

I am a gold member 1 point away from platinum and let me tell you this was the worst out of more than 10 cruises with NCL, 18% gratuity for alcohol had to be paid in advance, I had to pay for room charges for 2 days that I spent in my room sea sick and I ordered soup on one of those days and was charged a separate charge for room service $7.95 over and above the daily charge of $13.50 which was $27.00 per day for both my husband and self we were both sick and never left the room but was told we had to pay regardless. I used the water that was in our cabin and was charged $6.95 but I had unlimited beverage package I guess water was not included!!!!!! Cagney's steak house used to have a set cover charge per person now it is ala cart and it cost over $60.00 per person to eat there! Ridiculous!! Gold members used to get 20% of ALL onboard purchases, not this trip it was only of pictures and item's with NCL's logo!! We used to get a decent size of chocolates, this time we got a sample w/ 4 chocolates inside. O'Sheehan's you used to be able to order food and take it back to your room, this is no longer allowed now you are made to eat it at there, even if there are 50 unattended teenagers hanging out being loud and obnoxious!! Food was not bad but the fact that you have to pay 18% gratuity over and above your daily room charges that used to include tipping in specialty dining venues is ridiculous!! I am done with NCL and the fact that my complaints went un-noticed made it that much worse, will book Royal Carribean or Carnival next trip! They have lost a valuable customer and probably for good this time!!

Cabin was okay steward was horrible, we asked for one extra towel and was told it wasn't allowed, we ran out of toilet paper twice, and the water in our refrigerator was open previously and someone refilled it and put it back he should have paid much better attention to that, the bed showed the foam on the mattress daily we had to fix it ourselves, not acceptable!

Expect to be overcharged for just about everything on board the ship.
Gold member means nothing! As you are treated the same as a silver or bronze member! Cagney's steak house is now ala cart and over priced! If you get the free beverage package it's not free expect to pay 18% gratuity upfront!