Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

it was our first time cruising and we loved it, but...

Sail Date: January 12, 2016

My family and I really enjoyed this cruise. It was our first time and I think it was fantastic. Food was great, activities on the ship was also very entertaining, and the shows is recommended to watch every night. My mom did get motion sickness on the 2nd, 8th, and 9th day because the weather was not too great when leaving and arriving near NYC. I do recommend bringing motion sickness medication, although the reception desk did have them available. The medication makes you really sleepy, so you need to calculate the time when you want to take them. You don't want to fall asleep when you're in the middle of an activity or watching a show.

I would have given this trip a full 5 stars, BUT I did not like the excursions. Because my parents are old, they only took tours around each islands, but they are not worth the money! I tell you, DO NOT do any shore excursions that Norwegian is providing you with. Just do your research and find the things you want to do on your own!!! The excursions are VERY EXPENSIVE!!! not worth your time and money.

Other than that, like I said, everything was perfect!! Hope this helps!

LOVED our cabin, good for 3 people! It says it may be good up to 4, but I think that's just too much. It will get crowded. Great view of the ocean!!! and loved our housekeeper!!!
For destinations, I did not like Puerto Rico. The country is just very poor right now, they filed for bankruptcy.
And I did not like any of the excursions provided by Norwegian. Just do your research and find the activities you want to do on your own. The excursions are soooo expensive. It will be a lot cheaper when you do it on your own!!

Bring your own water or water bottles!!! The water package is very expensive! You may refill your bottles at the buffet area.
Don't get the wifi package. I heard from people on board that it was not worth it, the connection was on and off. so basically it sucked.