Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Cruise to Canada 2015

Sail Date: September 12, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This cruise, our second on Norwegian Line was just as great as the first.  There were only a few exceptions. One being our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  We celebrated it on Sunday a Day at Sea. We went to the Magenta Restaurant for a celebration. Upon entering I presented the Hostess a card stating our anniversary. We were then shown to our table. Dinner was very fine. Dinner finished we were waiting for something to happen. Unfortunately nothing came about. Upon leaving I mentioned this to the hostess. She immediately disappeared.  Waiting a couple minutes, another hostess handed me another Anniversary Card. Unfortunately we never got to use this card, being nothing on the previous days menus appealed to us.

The second and last problem we observed was the use of tenders.  This experience was terrible. There was no semblance of order.  The Gem Crew made announcements, but these were across the hallway and people chose to ignore them.  I felt the crew should be standing at the elevator doors directing people, not standing across the hallway. This was in Bad Harbor, Me. In Newport, RI the situation was a little better.

All in all we loved the cruise.

Great appointments, Service by Eugene was exceptional.dg
With the exception of the tendering process, as explained above.
We ate quite a lot of meals in O'Sheehans. The hostess, Michelle and our waitress Janice, were the best of the best

I have done surveys for this trip. Explaining everything as stated above. Hopefully they'll take notice.

1 Comment