Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Gem is a Pretty Ship!

Sail Date: May 23, 2015

This is the fourth cruise we have taken with Norwegian, and the Gem has been the prettiest.  The food in the Garden Café was excellent compared to other Norwegian Cruise Ships and as usual the service is impeccable.  Every need we had was met swiftly and with a smile.  On the down with EVERY Norwegian Cruise we have taken, the desserts are not up to par.  The cakes that have whipped cream are good, but everything else tastes like paste.  Thank goodness for cookies!  But they do have excellent ice cream!!! (not the stuff in the machine, but the hand dipped variety).  The ship is due for an upgrade as the rooms and carpets are getting dated....and our room steward was a pain in the neck.  He kept knocking on the door and disregarded our DO NOT DISTURB sign several times.  Also the Art department is a rip off.  I won a free work of art, but I had to pay $35 to ship it home.....I asked to walk off the ship with it and was told I guess I didn't win anything...LOL.   All in all, it was a good relaxing getaway and we came home content.

everyone in the garden cafe!!