Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Summary of the cruise

Sail Date: April 15, 2015

Things I didn't like: Service in the Magenta dining room was very slow - it took 2 hours for dinner several times we ate there. NCL provided additional perks after I had made a deposit. Others in our group were told about these perks and signed up for them. didn't let me know about them. The time for our return to New York was changed from 10:00AM to 8:00AM. As a result we had to wait 2 hours in a very cold area - with no seating - for the chartered bus we had hired. The wait staff wasn't consistently friendly - some were - but this was noticeably different from previous cruises. I suspect because on the other cruises we had the same wait staff every night and that tended to develop a friendliness throughout the trip. It was annoying to have to pay for and sign for a soda for lunch and dinner.

Things I liked - the food was good - not as good as the other cruise lines we had been on. Entertainment was good. Handling of the excursions was good.

The sliding door in our balcony room was sometimes very hard to open. Room seemed smaller than we had on other cruise lines.
Wait staff in dining rooms weren't consistently exceptional. Room staff was friendly.
Sliding door was sometimes nearly impossible to open. Room seemed smaller than on other cruise lines.
New York, New York
Got Plantar Faciitis during boarding procedure because I had to stand so long. Had to wait 2 hours after the cruise because the arrival time had changed and we had to wait for the bus. No seating room was available and the place was very cold.
San Juan, Puerto Rico