Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Paid too much

Sail Date: April 06, 2015

I think I would have paid less if I booked right through NCL. This was our second cruise with NCL, they have the whole operation down, it's amazing. First cruise we had a window and we knew this time we wanted a balcony, that made time spent in room very nice. Things I don't like about cruises? There are 2 doors in and out of the ship and 2000 people on the ship, I don't like waiting in lines.( 5-15 minutes to get off ship). And I would like the ship to stay in 1 or 2 ports instead of 4 ports, we didn't feel we had enough time at each port. Also this cruise went out to sea farther than our first cruise and I think that made sailing a little rougher, not terrible just more noticeable movement, my daughter got a little upset. And I think I would put in more swimming pools, and larger tvs in staterooms. The crew members are fantastic, the greatest, they make you feel like a friend, while treating you like a king.

The ship was made to the precision of a fine car, an fine example would be caulking in the bathrooms, beautiful workmanship.
Again, I don't know how they do it. The complimentary dining was fabulous.
They all are incredible, and genuine people, I feel they are truly happy doing all they do.
We saw two shows, both were great.
Great, but the pool, sun chairs and hot tubs fill up fast.
San Juan Zipline(great, but took all our time in San Juan), St Thomas, turtle cove cat(great, saw turtles and small ray), St Martin, Helmet dive(Absolutely Great), Tortola, The Baths( Great, but not enough time there, need 3 days at least).)
For 3 adults, the bunk bed, which comes down from the ceiling in front of the patio door worked great, when down, you could still go out on the balcony.
New York, New York
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Only saw it from ship and zipline bus. Not enough time.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Ahhh, crystal clear water, sunshine, sailing and snorkeling.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Very nice place, I could live there for a while.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Only saw it from a distance, went right from ship to ferry to Virgin Gorda(Baths)

Washy, washy. Happy, happy