Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Nice Trip

Sail Date: January 30, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The food was good. The entertainment was good. The crew was very friendly and professional. Edward Soto was my stewart and he was great. The wait staff learned our names and always had a smile. The Caribbean was awesome! (Tortola's port is under construction, so the only way to enjoy is to go on an excursion) Magens Bay is the most beautiful place ever! St Maarten was fun! My son enjoyed Splash Academy-the kid's program on board. The winter water was rough for the first and last day of the trip but it wasn't too scary. This was my first cruise and I will definitely go on another.

Nice spa. Nice bars. The water slide doesn't take you all the way to the end. You have to scoot at the bottom. The pools were too deep for my 7yr old, bring floats if your child can't swim.
Great desserts. Nice buffet. The 2 complementary restaurants have identical menus, I would have liked them to be different.
I liked the water pressure in the shower. 4th floor mid ship wasn't bad at all; helped with the rough waters.
Shout out to Splash Academy. Shout out to the waitstaff and the bartenders and everyone. Great performers. Thanks to Edward Soto my steward.
Luz can sing that Tina Turner set! Everyone was great. Leo was good. Dan Dan the cruise director was funny. Great job.
My ship went to bed early. I would have loved to take advantage of more of the activities.
St Thomas- Magens Bay was AWESOME! St Maarten was fun, we took the water taxi to the beach/strip. Puerto Rico was nice, we did a tour. Tortola is a waste unless you book an excursion.

Because of the date I guess, it was an older crowd. We still had fun, but not a lot of action on the dance floors.