Great fun, expensive games and average food!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 13, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Gem
What can I say. .. my family and I really enjoyed ourselves. Splash academy knows how to give the kids what they want. The cruise activities were plentiful, but Bingo is pricey and deal or no deal could be more reasonably priced. As for food, I wish the sit down restaurants had more variety on their menu and the buffet food could be better seasoned. The hamburger buns were stale the whole cruise. Ugh!
Lastly, everyone on the staff was overall nice but, .75 a minute for Internet, even for the cruise staff. Give me a break, that was completely unacceptable! If there is no TV at least give Internet free for 2 hours per floor a day, I would've kissed someone for this kind of access. The cruise staff should have free Internet from 11p-5am when most of the vacationers are sleeping. I mean they travel for 9 months out of the year. That's not too much to ask!!!

needs more variety on menus and dining

Go team, great fun!

The best, totally beat out Carnival!

my kids preformed a circus at the end that wad absolutely beautiful. .

Our cabin cleaner Patrick was phenomenol, but the Internet guy, not so much. ..!

It was too small for the size bag we carried, we tripped over our luggage the whole time. I mean it's a 9 night cruise, 4 ppl can wear a lot of clothes. The bedding was adequate but literally took up the room. .

See comments

Take my advice; walk up to 11th Avenue 1 block up from the Port, to get a reasonable can, they wanted to charge $40 to drive the family 6 blocks. A yellow/green cab costs $7.95
The CVS saved our lives offering dramamine, but I was leary of all the guys trying to give a tour. perhaps I've heard too much about Puerto Rico!
The traffic, was wow!
Beach was nice, ppl are really hustling, $15 for two chairs and umbrella rental. Nothing is free but the beach!
The ppl were authentic, but I had just enough time at the port to see a Dolphin and run back. I was #anxious the whole time.