Not Gluten Free Friendly

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 22, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Gem
Cabin Type: Suite

Having taken the trouble to register with a Special Diet, Gluten Free, I was disappointed with the dinning experience. I did not call in the required 30 day window, called 21 days prior to cruise. I was told that they must contact the ship to see if they could accomadate me, someone would call me back. I was called a few days later and told that the ship was contacted and that my reservatiiion was marked Gluten Free. Upon arrival in my cabin i had a letter asking to call and confirm my needs. I was required to pick my meals 24 hours ahead, including the restaurant. I found this to be very cumbersome and inconvenient. When talking with wait staff it seemed that this was also a big inconvenience to them. I have been on other cruise lines where being Gluten Free was no problem and they went out of their way to take care of my needs.