Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Terrible time

Sail Date: October 18, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I have been on several different cruises in the past, but never on Norweigen. I wanted to try the company for myself. Don't waste your time or money. The entire cruise was terrible. They lost a piece of our luggage, and we had to buy some clothes to wear. The ship didn't carry our size, so we had to wait until we reached a port. That took two days. We had babies with us, and their diapers were in the lost luggage. The charged us triple the price for a package of diapers. No, they didn't replace anything. The food was subpar, the service was terrible, and the waiters couldn't understand, or speak english very well. It was a mess. I never felt so trapped on a ship in all my years. I couldn't wait to get off the ship, and go home. This company needs a complete overhaul. Upper management, who decided what goes into a cruise, should take a trip and see how poorly their company is being run. Don't stay in a luxury suite, stay in a normal room, where bathroooms are too small, mattresses are worn out, and your TV is useless. Couldn't even get current news in some ports. I'm stil shaking my head on how bad the cruise was. You have got to do something about it.

old ship. nothing new and excuting. needs a complete overhaul.
subpar food. got very sick the second day on ship. had to stay in bed all day.
our room was cleaned everyday, but your cabins are falling apart. needs repais on dresser drawers that fell apart.
subpar. didn't understand or speak the language very well. quite rude on some occasions.
N/A
nothing to do by the pool. You needed party planners up by the pool for entertainment. The live groups were terrible. You should just use music of today, and save yourself some mnoey. No one listened to the entertainers. They were terrible.
too much money for what you were offering. Never got to see Tortola, as you can't accomidate people with special needs. Thats terrible.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
needed to get off ship to buy cloths. Not a good thing.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
You docked at another port. Very disappointed with the terminal shops.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
had to ride into town on my scooter, as the tender boat doesn't allow for scooters. This is unexceptable.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
I heard is was very boring with very little shopping.

Don't take a cruise on this ship. It needs to be completely overhauled. Listen to the people who actually are taking these cruises, and follow their advice. Never again. Am already booking a cruise for next year, but will stay away from this company.