Good getaway

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 27, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Gem
This was our second cruise on Norwegian Lines. The biggest attraction was the conveniance of embarking and disembarking in NYC in addition to Norwegian's good reputation. My husband and I enjoyed relaxing for the 9 days. But I must say the organized activities cater to the lowest common denominator. Silly game shows prevail. Also, the musical entertainment was always blasting too loud and overcame the singing artists voices. I think there may have been some very talented singers in the group, but the music was way too loud to hear them sing. The same for poolside entertainment. Do most people really enjoy blasing sounds where you can barely recognize the song or make out the words? The sound mixers leave a lot to be desired.
The port of Samana was awful. We were stalked non-stop from the time we left the tender by people trying to sell taxi's, tours etc. We turned around and went back to the tender after a few hundred feet of obstacles. I understand the locals are trying to make a living, but they should also be made to understand the difference between good salesmenship and stalking!
I am only mentioning the negative aspects of the cruise, we did enjoy ourselves in many other ways and are considering taking the same cruise again next year.