Norwegian - No thank you!
Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern
Sail Date: November 19, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 15220
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 9 months ago
I have cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and thought I'd try Norwegian to see what cruise line I preferred. After our Thanksgiving cruise (7 night) last week on the Norwegian Escape, I will never go back to Norwegian again. Royal Caribbean cruise line has been the best cruise line for me for lots of reasons!
1) Norwegian Escape has the MAIN pool for ADULTS ONLY every day, all day until 5pm!! Of course, they let the kids swim after 5pm because no kids are around then. The parents are done for the day and everyone is taking showers and getting ready for dinner. So if you have kids, this is NOT the cruise ship for you!
2) The kids can go to the "kiddy" pool for those ages of "infant" to "18 years of age" and the pool is VERY small. The kiddy slides block the pool so there is hardly any sun in the pool and if you have kids that are between 8-18, forget it! Those age kids don't want to be in this small pool, with screaming kids and their parents!
3) The main deck where the pool is and the daytime activity is all on one level. This was a HUGE mistake that Norwegian made! If you don't have elevated seating, it's really hard to see or participate in what activity is taking place. Sometimes (not always!), they would display the activity on the 2 smaller screens but if you are not in the 1st row of seats, it's real difficult to even see what they are doing!
4) The back of the ship has a huge screen where they show movies and they also have a grouto (yep, for adults only!). This is a huge area that Norwegian has wasted space with! Most of the time, YEP, you guessed it! It's ADULT ONLY!! There is plenty of room to put a pool in under the big screen and have that area for ADULTS only all the time, NOT AT THE MAIN POOL AREA!
5) Norwegian staff were very rude! I can name 3 people on the entire ship that I could give a "thank you" too! All the bartenders and buffet staff had NO personality and weren't not helpful at all!
The list could go on and on....I am not a picky person but I was really disappointed in this cruise line/ship!
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Ship was clean and pretty
Cabin / Stateroom
You will spend more on the ship than you had planned because you will be surprised how much isn't included in your cruise cost. They charge for everything!