Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Escape has come a long way since last Thanksgiving

Sail Date: November 19, 2016

Reviewed: 6 days ago

I cruise NCL every Thanksgiving and this time I decided to give NCL Escape another chance. This time I took my daughter, son in law and grandson who's 1 years old. This proved to exceed my expectations. Mushroom from the Guppies area was a GEM with my grandson. Since, this was his first time cruising, I was very nervous about him going but she went above and beyond to make sure he had fun. He interacted with other kids, went to the free play dates almost everyday and even loved Glow Party Night. As far as us adults are concerned, we had a blast, from the drinks, food to the entertainment; nothing was off putting or out of place. We never waited for food or Drinks. Chocolate Cowboy is the BEST bartender at sea (outside in 5 o'clock). He even made colorful drinks for the grandson while he was in his stroller. Oh what a night is a great show, if you don't want the $$ dinner show, they do a one night only show in the Escape theater for free and For the Record is by far one of the Best Shows at Sea if you love old 80's movies! The Glow Party is still my favorite night at Sea.

Bottom line, they completely made up the crap we went thru last year by 100%. Thank NCL for making us have a Great Thanksgiving

Cabin was GREAT! We are not handicap but it was the only room left on deck 5 near the Guppies and next door to my daughter, son in law and grandson. They had the same type of room which was perfect for a running around toddler.
Wish we leave at 5 instead of 7 pm
Just wish the nightclub was enclosed. Hate having to smell cigarette smell coming from casino.
Just wish they would change up Eastern Caribbean instead of always going to St. Thomas and Bahama's. Like to see other ports.
They need to do the Guppies supervision on all their big ships like Getaway, Epic and Breakaway. if they did that they would pull more families from Disney. Disney is way to expensive now for us to do anymore.
Miami, Florida
I live in Florida and Miami is just ok for me.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Been so many times about 15 already.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Been so many times, it's very sneaky. Do not ware your jewelry out. Keep cash tucked away, no purses. Watch yourself!

Don't expect to get the same drink you like in all the bars. Two places you can definitely get the drink you love is Skyline and 5'Oclock somewhere bar outside. This ship is different than the other NCL Ships. Also, try the Dali in the brewery; it's Pitbulls drink and it's wonderful!