Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: April 23, 2016

This was easily the best Caribbean cruise I have been on.  I could easily see that Norwegian learned a lot from earlier cruise ships.  The new 8th level outside formal walk way with outdoor restaurants was a great addition.  How could they do without it ever again?  The 4K passengers were not an issue.  I think the benefit is that they now have more money to spend on entertainment.  We really enjoyed how they have many venues, and the same performance is at the venue many nights of the cruise.  If you miss it one night, you can catch it another.  I also loved that they moved from a few very large restaurants, to many smaller restaurants.  We never had to wait to be seated.

The one thing that I would change is the daily deck loud entertainment.  We could not escape mc yelling all the time or the noise and get a shaded spot to sit on the deck, or even up a level or 2.  There were a few spots at the front of the ship, and the back but zero shade.  I would like to be able to see and hear the daily deck music, but it was either way too loud, or you couldn't hear it at all.  We were just on another NCL cruise in December.  The daily island type live music deck was fantastic.  It was just there making the atmosphere.  The new loud, in your face daily party, is not what we enjoy.  Although a lot of people did seem to like it.

All in all, it was still fantastic.   I would definitely seek out, NCL's  new larger ships.  So much more personal and classy.  Just turn down the volume on deck a little.

Best cabin location ever. Very happy with the new layout. Even happier they moved the smoke detectors away from the bath room.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
DO NOT GO TO SOUTH BEACH. Also, do not go to a beach near the ports. There is a strong unburnt petrochemical smell from the refineries. We were unable to enjoy the beach near the ship. We kept breathing heavy gas fumes from a local refinery

Bring ear plugs if you want to sit on the deck during the day and hear the music, and a source of shade; hat, visor, other......