Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Sail Date: March 12, 2016

I booked this for my family's vacation for spring break. I have been on a cruise but my son had not. It has been my past experience you pay your fare that includes your room and all food on board. I understand I have to pay taxes and port fees that was charged the day I purchases our tickets. The room itself was fine  except the hard bed and the ship was nice, but that being said I have many complaints. I read Nowegian's website before I booked this and thought I was prepared for all costs. I knew there were some restaurants that had surcharges, alcohol and sodas cost extra. I even knew the cost of parking at the port. We start the cruise to find out of the 28 restaurants on board only 5 were included with my fare.  If you wanted steak or lobster in the complimentary restaurants you had to pay an additional $20- $25. The menus seemed limited and the buffet served a lot of the same items everyday. Also the service in the restaurant was terrible, I always had to refills for my water sometimes to the point that I had finished eating before I got a refill. Only 4 of the shows were complimentary the rest you had to pay extra. I do not have endless pockets to pay all of the extra fees. I feel that I did not receive what I paid for. We were even charged a daily fee $13.50 per person per day for what I was told for housekeeping when Norwegian's website states a gratuity is not required. I felt I was nickel and dimed to death. Also there was a medical emergency on board and as a result we skipped our last port, I am understanding of the emergency but I paid for 3 ports but only received 2 and feel that I should receive a partial refund. The port taxes were collected for Nassau  but were not given back even though we did not port there. Some of the contests were funny and Silas did a great job hosting the shows. The four days at sea was beyond boring, the 3rd day I was ready to jump off the ship and swim back. You can only swim so much and most of the events on board was Norwegian trying to sell me something. I would never cruise with Norwegian or would I ever recommend it to anyone.

It was clean and housekeeping did a good job. My only complaint was the bed was hard as a rock like sleeping on the flour.
It was very organized
It was clean and new
We only got 2 of the 3 we paid for, I did enjoy the 2 I received
My 12 year old said it was boring, he did like playing dodgeball
Only 4 of the shows were complimentary
The staff was very friendly but the waiters in restaurants were not attentive to refills of drinks, I always had to ask
Majority of the restaurantshows were not included and cost extra
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Nassau, Bahamas Our port was cancelled and we spent an extra day at sea

Bring a lot of money if you plan on doing all the ship has to offer since a small portion is included in your fare.