Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not Impressed with NCL Escape

Sail Date: March 12, 2016

Normally, I do not leave comments but this cruise deserved one. I noticed many people on multiple sites have mentioned the emergency incident for the March 12-19 cruise.  There is obviously a concern about the ill person; however, after the individual was taken off to care for, the rest of us should of received better customer service. I have traveled by cruise before and understand emergencies happen.  My disappointment was with the overall customer service. We were not told "let me see what I can do to help as I know this is difficult for everyone that has spent a lot of money". Instead we received "I can't help you. No refunds. That's all".

The food was not the best and I expected more for such a elegant ship. Numerous times, I had to tell my waiter for refills or silverware.  For those that say, there are thousands on the ship...yes, there are, however, if waiters do not know how to work in a fast pace environment...a new job is needed.

My father and I won received this trip due to our player status at a high end casino. We are dedicated customers and have traveled with Norwegian before and have another trip planned at the end of the year. While in NCL casino, my father placed a bet at the craps table and the lady working the table moved his bet somewhere he did not ask her to. Then when his number hit, she claimed he was off. He plays the same way every time and explained it to the supervisor who ended up siding with the employee.  Afterwards, my father asked them to review the video and audio because it was the principle. After all of the "we know our employees are right and you're wrong" they realized my father was INDEED RIGHT! There was not apology made by the lady.

For the amount of money we all spent that week, it was not worth it. NCL has tight slot machines, rude employees, bland food, excessive charges and bad customer service. This is my experience and there's no need to express rude responses. To each their own. Please respect my own opinion.

Ocean view was beautiful. Always clean and nice location to see out to sea.
Did not arrive at last port, which was our main one.
Over priced entertainment and games with very little winners.
Their mentality is the ship employees are right, not the customer.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
No shopping areas with diversity. All jewelry stores.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Baths at Virgin Gorda was the BEST! Must do the snorkeling to see what I am talking about. Great experience!

Upgrade to an ocean. view. It is worth it. The wifi unlimited is a great deal. Take advantage of all free activities and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY IN THEIR CASINO!