Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

subpar food, poor service, cancelled Bahamas

Sail Date: March 12, 2016

this is a lovely ship, but our experience was not.  the service was generally (especially at the expensive specialty dining, which was frustrating).  with the exception of the desserts, the food simply wasn't very good (why is your seafood tasteless??).  we had multiple alarms go off in our room, and the staff was very dismissive, seemed poorly informed.  We briefly diverted for an emergency (~1.5 hours off course), so they cancelled our stop in the Bahamas - which was supposed to be 12 hours.  Our only compensation was the $18 port fee.

when I talked to management, they put us in a different room and refunded the specialty meal, which I really appreciate; however, that just wasn't enough to undo how poorly most of the cruise went.

Cabin / Stateroom it's an ADA cabin, intended for people with disabilities. Our travel agent didn't tell us this, and the staff was completely unhelpful any time we were confused about why the room was different/inconvenient.
didn't get to the Bahamas, and the ship planned excursions were poorly organized.
Miami, Florida
Port of Miami is the worst. sliced my finger open (like, enough to leave a puddle of blood on the ground after it spilled out of my hands) getting off the elevator my line was forced into. required to wait 30+ min for Fire Rescue, who wrapped my finger closed without cleaning it, at all. dropped off at the Port of Miami clinic at 8:40. they don't open until 9. At 9, I found out they can't help me because their nurse doesn't arrive until 10. I have to be at the airport at 12.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
though the ship excursion was poorly organized (too much time standing in the sun or waiting on our boat), the Baths at Virgin Gorda were amazing. a must see.