Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

One beautiful ship....one confusing departure

Sail Date: February 27, 2016

Have traveled with 3 other lines & this was our first with Norwegian. The 'Escape' truly was...an Escape from the ordinary into luxury. Very pleased with the ships layout. Free style dinning, very cool. Cabin was larger than most for only being a balcony. Loved the decorating color scheme. Bath/Shower area more than adequate (shower could use a foot rest - ladies shave their legs in the US) Abundance of happy, friendly staff. Great shopping on board. Photographers do a lovely job. Very smooth sailing (I recommend the lower decks....less sway). A cruise director that made everyday fun and the food....ahhhh the food.

Try as many of the specialty on-board restaurants as you can...everyone was worth it (but also reminded me of the special menus on other lines that were featured on 'theme' nights) The entertainment was top notch. The bartenders, for the most part, very, very good. On a busy night anyone can get grumpy....wish I could have bought a few a drink. The casino was action packed...and guest actually winning...have seen other ships hold onto the cash to much.

Drawbacks:

Could use another pool (understand that something's had to go to fit in all the hoopla for 'the Haven' guests...but really, are we going back to a separation of classes here...think Titanic.)

The adult only 'sunning' area, was very nice...think Playboy's famous grotto. But a small pool would have been just as nice.

Disembarkation...hmmm...very confusing. Could have included information in the daily flyer delivered to the room. Don't think you need to attend a seminar to properly get luggage...just give me some printed instructions. Thank God for the  'guest services' button is on the phone.

A music selection on the TV would have been nice...Pitbulls 'Free' got a little old after...oh say...the first 10 minutes.

The NEW tipping policy....ok, we'll just go ahead and add 13.50 per person PER DAY to EVERYONE'S invoice...regardless of the service you received...and everyone is happy.  Hmmm, what?? I would have gladly given my room steward more..the man must have lived under the bed because my room was ALWAYS well cared for....but perhaps the daily fee went to someone I never saw? or a grumpy bartender...not cool. Also could have provided a few envelopes in my cabin..just in case I wanted to leave a little extra to those that went the extra mile.

Shuffle board located directly under balcony....a bit of noise...but not entirely bothersome. Location of bed & lighting, very nice.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Skip the tour to Magens beach....just grab a cab.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Walk into town...I know it's not as commercialize as St Thomas but the local charm is wonderful and the people are super friendly.
I'd like to thank Norwegian for being honest and printing a warning the ships daily newsletter regarding safety. It might be time to think about stopping somewhere else until the island gets it sH*t together.

Wait until the last 'round' for the slot tournament.