First time cruisers

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 12, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Escape

I don't think we could have had a better experience.  I had been reading reviews prior to our departure and I think the negative reviews were sour grapes.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.  There are probably some bugs to work out.  We had seen something about a $10 jewelry sale but didn't know the details.  We asked one staff member about it and she didn't know what we were talking about.  She made a call to someone for us and told us that no one knew anything about it.  We stumbled upon what was a pretty big event for the $10 sale.  It turns out it was going on in that area all day until 11:00 PM.

There is never a dull moment aboard ship.  There is so much going on that it is impossible to see everything.  We attended the Million Dollar Quartet and the Brat Pack.  The Brat Pack group was so full of energy and their talent is unrivaled.  Those are a must see in our opinion.  But there is so much more entertainment that was great also.

Chona was our favorite bartender.  She takes care of a small bar on one of the side decks.  It gets a little busy there and she is alone but she handles it well. That bar could have used a waiter to assist.  She had a fun personality and we enjoyed visiting with her too.

The assortment and presentation of food couldn't have been better.

Our cabin steward, Richard, introduced himself on the first day and whenever we ran into him after that he greeted us by name.  That's impressive.

We never had any problem getting tickets or seating for anything we wanted to experience.  We also enjoyed the different decor and artwork throughout the ship.

It is a big ship and there a lot of people everywhere but I would recommend this ship to anyone.

Couldn't have been better.

I don't know how they keep up with the cleaning with all those people on board, but they do.

There was plenty of room to be comfortable. We liked how quiet the cabin was. The bathroom fixtures are high quality. A lot of water pressure in the shower and unlimited hot water. I don't know how they do it but they got it right. Some motels have the sink outside the bathroom. That would have probably made things easier for two people getting ready.

One complaint I read was about the lack of hangers. Our inside cabin had 20 wooden hangers. I can't imagine needing more.

Check out the packages they offer. We took advantage of the unlimited drink package and felt it was worth it. Buying beverages on board can add up.