Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Lovely cruise to Spain, Morocco and Portugal

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

A friend and I sailed on the February 14 cruise to Canary Islands.  We were thrilled with our single studio cabins!  Finally, somebody is taking note of the single person who wants to travel, have privacy, and not pay double!!

The ship was huge, but the signage good and we found our way quite easily. We especially liked the "quiet" area on  deck 18 for reading and sunning.

The food was very good....the Noodle Bar is the best in my opinion, next to Taste and then the specialty restaurants Le Bistro and Cagneys.  We noticed that the wait staff at the speciality restaurants was a bit haughty. In fact, we returned to the Bistro the last night and I specifically asked not to be assigned to a particular waiter's table...she was that bad!

The ports were just ok...That probably had more to do with the ugly, cold, rainy weather we encountered in the Canary Islands than anything else. The Moroccan tour we took was booked through the ship,.....it was fine, except for the obligatory stops at the rug shop, "spice market," and tea house.  Furthermore, our guide had a photographer along who took pictures and then tried to sell them to us on the bus on the way back!  As a result of that tour, we canceled all of our other booked tours and saw the ports on our own via Hop On/Hop Off bus. The tour situation is not good....they are much too expensive for what you get...A Hop On/Hop Off kiosk on the ship would be appreciated.

I wish that Norwegian would do more lectures on the ports we are approaching. Also, would appreciate more and better information on how far the city is from the dock, etc.  We are basically stopped at a pier and it is each for his own. I would appreciate prior information.

This was the third Norwegian cruise my friend and I have taken in the past three  years.....we return mostly because of the single cabin situation, and the family suite situation on the older ships. We also love the fact we can eat any where we want and we don't have to take an elaborate wardrobe!

All and all, a lovely, relaxing cruise.  We met people mostly from Europe.

Bring something to block out the blue reading lights at night.
More shore lectures.