Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Second Mate

NCL Epic - Barcelona

Sail Date: October 02, 2011

Our cruise out of Barcelona to Italy was our bucket list cruise.  We flew from Texas to Barcelona and stayed in Barcelona for 2 nights pre-cruise. Our first time on NCL Epic and found it to be dramatically different from Royal Caribbean or Celebrity.  If I had one thing to say about the Epic it would be the lack of windows and visibilty to the water.  RCCL and Celebrity ships both have windows everywhere so you can enjoy the sailing experience.  The Epic was not like that at all and I so missed the visual aspect of cruising.  It was a beautiful ship but for this one element.  I stayed in the new Singles Cabins and found them to be very comfortable and well done.  No windows as they are inside cabins but the cost was very affordable for such a expensive trip.  My friends stayed in a balcony across the hall so I could walk across the hall and enjoy their balcony.  The cruise ports of call were priceless a we visited Pompeii, Vatican, Collisium, Pisa and more.  Everyone should visit these places as they are historical and must be seen. The ship was very nice but I missed the windows and that for me will keep me off Epic in the future.  Overall, it was a great trip inside of the lack of visual of the water.

Cruise Photos

Singles cabin in a singles section. Very private, very nice but inside cabins only.