Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Affordability is Key

Sail Date: March 16, 2014

The cruise was a great cruise for the cost. The food was a little lacking but still great everything was great. The main issue with the cruise and it is the issue with the cruise line Norwegian as a whole is that everything onboard except the pools, Rock Wall and some of the entertainment costs extra. All the better dining options, the bowling alley, the arcade, the soda, the dinner show, the casino costs alot of money to play with very low pay outs. Then the stuff that you expect to pay for is twice as expensive as normal, like alcohol is about the price you would expect but the cups are very tiny, and on alot of the cruises there is no unlimited alcohol package and on the ones there is it is way too expensive to be worth it. All in all though the cruise was very cheap so it balances out I suppose, I just would have prefered it to be more inclusive. Now that my gripes have been addressed the cruise staff was very nice and very entertaining, going out of the way to get to know you and recognize you. The fact that there is a free Blue Man Group show on the ship is amazing. My girlfriend and I had seen them once in Atlanta and spent $100 to go and it was included on the ship and we sat in the 3rd row, it was a great time, and Second Hand City, the improv group that greats like Tina Faye got their start in was also on the ship so that was pretty awesome as well. There was a sit down with the men from the Blue Man Group, without the blue paint and they told you about the show. Just so many great things about the cruise and that is why is still got a 4 with all my gripes about extra costs.

Get a room near the front, the forward elevator goes right into the buffet, and don't miss the free liquor tasting each night at 8, they give out increasingly better scotch in the liquor shop each night.