Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun for the whole family!

Sail Date: January 19, 2013

I've been on over 30 cruises and the Norwegian Epic was among the top five. The variety of entertainment was unmatched. We thoroughly enjoyed most of it--Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert, Howl and the Moon and the comic-magician. The cirque show in the Spiegel tent was good, however the dining experience was not (quite a few tables were overcrowded and too close the was so-so, too). The Second City troop we saw was OK, but it might be much better with other performers.

The food was very good in the Taste Dining room, Cafe, O'Sheehan's and Moderno Churrascaria (the only specialty restaurant we went to other than the Speigel tent). If I go again, I will do Moderno again and try some of the other specialty restaurants instead of the Speigel shows.

The cabin was good overall, but I didn't like the bathrooms. The toilet area is too small and it is enclosed by opaque glass (as is the shower stall). This is separated by the rest of the cabin by only a curtain. It was ok for my spouse and I, but I wouldn't like it if I was rooming with my grandchildren or friends.

There was quite a variety of actiivities, games, contests and dance lessons, among others. They had a lot of activities for children, too. There was Nickelodeon events happening throughout the day, not to mentions all the pool and sport activities. There's something to do from small children up to grandparents.

The casino is huge but can get smoky when it's crowded. It had a lot of 1 and 2 cent slots. I also saw quite a few dollar slots but only a few 25 cent slots. Of course, quite a few table games, too. I didn't see many big winners, though.

I found the ship easy to navigate. It seemed like the majority of the activities I enjoyed were forward to midship. They had electronic maps in various spots on the decks, but I would have appreciated having a nice compact map to keep like they usually give out on other ships.

I believe for the price you pay (they even have very good prices and rooms for single cruisers) is a good value for the quality of entertainment, food and cruise experience and would not hesitate to recommend it.
bathroom could be improved

We liked O'Sheehan's for breakfast. They serve you at the table for standard breakfast food...although I didn't like the french toast. I don't drink coffee, but they had very good hot chocolate!

When looking for your striped carpet is on the starboard striped carpet on the port.

To avoid lines at dinner in the main dining room...try to eat early (opens at 5:30) or late (have to arrive by 9:30 I think). We didn't have much trouble eating elsewhere.

On our cruise, it seemed like most of the people opted for carrying their own luggage off at debarkation. The line for them was never-ending, If you opt to do that....try to do it as soon as possible (I think it was 7:00 am) because the line only got longer.

1 Comment