First time cruiser - would definitely cruise again!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 13, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

I was hesitant to cruise, as I'm claustrophobic, but the trip turned out great!  We even did an inside room and I did not have any issues!  Our cruise had quite a bit of college spring breakers, but that was not an issue for us at all!  We did hear from the staff that the spring breakers make them crabby.  The service from the bar staff was subpar, with the exception of a few.  I've done all inclusives in the past where service is awesome, I expected a similar experience, so was a bit disappointed in that regard.  The Norwegian Dawn was a nice boat, but I did learn that it is being dry docked very soon and redone - so would be excited to see an updated boat. We traveled with 2 other families and the kids and adults all had a great time.  We loved the freestyle dining options, so that we weren't stuck on some schedule.  I loved that we had 4 ports in a row and then a relaxing day back at sea.  Our favorite port was Roatan.  Our least favorite Belize.  Would recommend this cruise to others.

We did 2 inside cabins for our family of 4 and it worked out great. I knew the rooms were small, but with some tips from friends, we were able to maximize the space (over the door shoe hanger for all toiletry needs). The room was just fine, as we hardly spent any time in it. I will say it was great for 2 of us. I can't imagine putting 4 people in an inside cabin.

This was my first cruise and I loved the freestyle dining! I liked we could eat where we wanted and whatever time. We also appreciated the ultimate beverage package!