Another good cruise
Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: February 21, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Inside
Cabin Number: 11523
Traveled As: Large Group
Reviewed: 2 years ago
I have cruised about 20-times (on about 6 or 7 lines).
The experience was very good -but still some room for improvement
1.Having to pay $18 a day to park my car is not something I enjoy doing.
2. Being charged a $15 fee to carry my one bottle of wine aboard in my carry on bag is not something I enjoy doing.
3. Several members of our group picked up a cold on-board (cough, congestion, headache, fever, etc) near the end of the cruise (I am almost over it now).
4. I wish there were more adult only hot tubs -or that the kids would stay out of the adult hot tubs. I have read that kids really do tend to load the pool up with bacteria.
5. The food was excellent -but the service at times was a little slow.
6. The entertainment was excellent.
7. Costa Maya has sure improved over the years and this year I really enjoyed stopping and shopping here ((great prices -especially on silver and colored topaz stones -sometimes also called clear sapphire, blue sapphire, Mexican fire opal (LOL)).
7. Embarkation & Debarkation were both smooth and excellent.
Overall, I certainly will be going on another Norwegian Cruise vacation.
Food and Dining
HOWEVER, the 'Not so Newly Wed Game' needs to be cleaned up a little.
AND, I certainly appreciated that there did not appear to be a vulgar 'Adult only Comedy Show' . I have had to walk out on the last two I went to.
Service and Staff
Also RICHARD, the cruise director was VERY ENTERTAINING. He also should get an 'excellent'!
Cabin / Stateroom
However, I paid for the cruise well in advance and later noticed that some people who paid for the cruise much closer to departure got a much better price and/or upgrade. It would have been nice to have been offered an upgrade. The next time, I may wait until closer to departure and see if the price will drop for me.