Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Another good cruise

Sail Date: February 21, 2016

I have cruised about 20-times (on about 6 or 7 lines).

The experience was very good -but still some room for improvement

1.Having to pay $18 a day to park my car is not something I enjoy doing.

2. Being charged a $15 fee to carry my one bottle of wine aboard in my carry on bag is not something I enjoy doing.

3. Several members of our group picked up a cold on-board (cough, congestion, headache, fever, etc) near the end of the cruise (I am almost over it now).

4. I wish there were more adult only hot tubs -or that the kids would stay out of the adult hot tubs.  I have read that kids really do tend to load the pool up with bacteria.

5.  The food was excellent -but the service at times was a little slow.

6. The entertainment was excellent.

7.  Costa Maya has sure improved over the years and this year I really enjoyed stopping and shopping here ((great prices -especially on silver and colored topaz stones -sometimes also called clear sapphire, blue sapphire, Mexican fire opal (LOL)).

7. Embarkation & Debarkation were both smooth and excellent.

Overall, I certainly will be going on another Norwegian Cruise vacation.

However, I paid for the cruise well in advance and later noticed that some people who paid for the cruise much closer to departure got a much better price and/or upgrade. It would have been nice to have been offered an upgrade. The next time, I may wait until closer to departure and see if the price will drop for me.
Very clean ship.
Cozumel: Always excellent
Roatan: Good snorkeling -but the road to the beach is just awful.
Belieze: Long tender to shore. Approached by local and offered 'weed'. However, felt fairly safe walking into town.
Costa Maya: Loved the dauphins and the shopping.
Onboard Activities Did not really participate in many -due to have gone on more than 20 previous cruises.
no kids
Performers were very good; talented and fit.
HOWEVER, the 'Not so Newly Wed Game' needs to be cleaned up a little.
AND, I certainly appreciated that there did not appear to be a vulgar 'Adult only Comedy Show' . I have had to walk out on the last two I went to.
The room steward (sorry, I forget his name but he was from the Philippians.
Also RICHARD, the cruise director was VERY ENTERTAINING. He also should get an 'excellent'!
I like open dining -but miss lobster nite
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reduce parking from $18 to $12 (what nearby parking lots are charging).
Always fun