Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time!

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

We are a family of four with 2 boys. The splash academy was a hit and the kids couldn't wait to go back. We enjoyed the food and entertainment. The cruise director was so enthusiastic and really made sure we had a great time. The ship was really nice. I've been on the breakaway and I actually enjoyed the dawn a bit better because it was smaller and felt more personal. The staff was very nice and accommodating.  My only complaint would be the size of the room. It was extremely small although it didn't affect what a nice time we had. I would recommend it for families. My kids loved the pool area and made lots of friends on the ship. The pool area would get a bit crowded at peak times but still manageable and we had a good time. The entertainment at the pool area was always fun and the live music was excellent.

The cabin looked a bit old. The mirror was rusty, there was soap mildew on the soap holder and the toilet smelled a little. The room was rediculously too small for a family of four. There was barely any room for our belongings and we could hardly move around. The room was disappointing.
New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans was interesting and definitely a place to see and experience the culture and history.
We went it swim with the Dolphins at Dolphinaris. This place was nice and drinks were included and they were really good. The food was included and plentiful. The facility was small. I've been to Cozumel in the past I went to Chankanaab park which I liked better and you can swim with Dolphins there too. I would have taken a cab there knowing what I know now.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Roatan was beautiful but the excursion Maya Key private island was not that great. It was right near the ship. Didn't really feel like a natural beach. Small area to swim and sunbathe. Felt very commercialized and didn't get to really experience the island. My friend did the gumbalimba and Tatiana beach and she felt that was better although she said that still felt commercialized it controlled by the cruise ship also.
Belize City, Belize
Cave tubing was amazing. Definitely book an excursion for there ain't much to do on your own.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The dune buggy experience was really fun. The kids enjoyed and the tour guides made it exciting. The only thing was that we had beach stop that was really short. Wish we could have spent more time at the beach. Definitely worth doing though. Knowing what I know now I would have taken a cab back to that same beach because there was still so much time left before we needed to board the ship. Also right at the peir is a huge pool with swim up bar, food, shops and lounge chairs. We hung out there too but was really nice. If you want to save money you could just spend the time there.

The Noiweigian Dawn was a smaller ship and was great because it felt more personal and manageable than a larger ship. I've been on the breakaway and the Dawn is a smaller better version. We were able to get to know the ship and get around a lot more easily.

1 Comment