Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

cruise gone wrong

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

I had cruised with NCL before and loved it. This time started out wonderful but soon turned terribly wrong. It was my mother's 89th birthday so she my husband and 20 yr old son joined her on a cruise to celebrate. The first few days were wonderful but on the 3rd day my mother and son ate something on the ship and got terribly sick with vomiting and diarrhea. I soon joined them and we were flat on our backs so we could not go on our prepaid shore excursion. We were told we would need a Dr's note to get our refund so went to one on board and we were told it would be $150 each for even a note from him. I spoke to all in charge on board the ship and nothing was done and have tried in vain to get some compensation from the cruise line to no avail. My husband soon joined us in our sick beds and we were flat on our backs for a majority of our cruise. I was writing a customer complaint letter on board and missed a step and sprained my ankle and was asked if I wanted to go to the doctor. I skipped the chance to pay him $150 to tell me what I already knew and went to my own. I will never cruise with your line again not because I got sick but because of how poorly they handled the situation.

The cabin was clean and our steward was excellent

I do like the smaller ships because they are easier to get around and less people. The ping pong table was broken but everything else was great